PADI Divemaster – “Niamh”
Congratulations to Niamh for completing her Divemaster course!!
Over the past 4 months Niamh has been working as an intern at Latchi Watersports whilst completing her training to become a divemaster.
Niamh has worked in all departments of Latchi Watersports & Dive Centre and has been a great asset.
From helping the dive team, working at the Anassa beach; to helping with the rental boats. A Strong and positive member of the team. Throughout her training she worked extremely hard and demonstrated motivation and dedication like a true divemaster should. Read more about PADI Courses here!
PADI Divemaster: a Professional Dive Leader
Divemasters help instructors teach scuba courses and can have leadership responsibilities that result in payment. Getting paid for scuba diving means you’re a dive professional.
Prerequisites to take the course:
- At least 18 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certified
- PADI Rescue Diver certified
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care completed within past two years
- Medical Statement ‘fit to dive’
- 40 logged dives before starting the course
- 60 logged dives when finishing the course
What you can do once you are an authorised PADI Divemaster:
- Supervise training and non-training related diving activities
- Conduct dive briefings, scuba reviews, and skin diver course
- Assist in Discover Scuba Diving programs and lead additional dives
- Lead Discover Local Diving programs
What you have to do to get the Divemaster rating:
- Complete eight Knowledge Development sections
- Pass the Divemaster Final Exam
- Pass water skills exercises, workshops, and practical assessments
If you are looking for a summer of fun and hard work, working in Cyprus, spending your time learning a new skill set, meeting lots of people with similar interests, all on the doorstep of the stunning coastline of the Akamas peninsula; home of the Blue Lagoon, then maybe Latchi Watersports Centre is the place for you.
- Interested in an internship for 2018? See more at Latchi Watersports Centre